6 Surprising Benefits of Essential OIls
How many of you use essential oils?
Are you familiar with their benefits?
Essential oils have a lot of benefits depending on the scent you choose.
Discover the scents and benefits of essential oils and find the best match!
If you’re thinking about making a habit of using essential oils, read on to know all the facts you need to make wise decisions about essential oils and what benefits might be right for you.
- Improves mood and sets a positive atmosphere
By inhaling essential oils, the brain can signal certain sensations that can leave you feeling energized, positive, and grateful.
Essential oils that improve mood:
- Eucalyptus essential oil – Is a natural stimulant that can make it easier for you to wake up in the morning. It can also significantly improve your overall mood.
- Jasmine essential oil – May decrease depression and can boost the overall mood. It can also help in making you more alert.
- Orange essential oil – Has the ability to enhance immunity and may reduce several symptoms of numerous ailments such as chronic stress, and calms pulse rates.
- Sandalwood essential oil – Can improve mental clarity, calms the nervous system, and relieves anxiety.
- Vanilla essential oil – Has the ability to lift your mood. This essential oil’s antidepressant property is due to vanillin hydroxybenzaldehyde.
- Grapefruit essential oil – Can give you an energetic boost to help you start your day.
- Rosemary essential oil – Can increase the cognitive function of the brain. This oil is highly effective if you need to review for an exam or make a good impression during a job interview.
Tip: Pour essential oil of choice into a bathtub or used in an oil diffuser to create a positive atmosphere in your home.
- Treat mental health problems – In case you didn’t know, some essential oils are beneficial to support various mental health problems such as stress, depression, and anxiety.
By using essential oils to stimulate positive emotions in your brain, various mental health problems can be supported holistically.
Essential oils that can support mental health problems:
- Lavender essential oil –.Studies have shown that the use of lavender essential oil can naturally relieve symptoms of depression.
It can also reduce the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and postpartum depression.
As lavender essential oil promotes relaxation of the mind, it can be a strong sleep aid as well.
- Bergamot essential oil – Can ease moments of anxiety.
Bergamot essential oil can stimulate relaxation, can lower blood pressure, and can reduce the risk of stroke.
It can also slow down breathing patterns that trigger during moments of anxiety.
- Clary sage essential oil – Can significantly reduce anxiety and depression.
Clary sage essential oil is a natural mild sedative that can effectively reduce seizures.
It can also balance the hormone levels and treat premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
Tip: Apply essential oil of choice topically to emotional trigger points throughout the body such as:
- Behind the ears
- Backs of the knees
- Reduce in irritation and inflammation – Some essential oils have strong anti-inflammatory properties that can minimize irritation and inflammation when applied to the skin.
Essential oils with anti-inflammation properties
- Tea tree essential oil – Can reduce acne breakouts, redness, skin inflammation. When paired with lavender essential oil, it can help treat cold sores.
- Peppermint essential oil – Can reduce inflammation of the intestines that results from various digestive disorders.
- Eucalyptus essential oil – Can relieve sinus and throat inflammation associated with colds. Infuse with rosemary, these essential oils can clear the congested airways and unclog sinus passages.
- Rosemary essential oil – Helps treat dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Thyme essential oil – Widely known for its effectiveness as an anti-inflammatory agent. Thyme essential oil helps reduce respiratory tract inflammation when inhaled.
Tip: Gently rub essential oil of choice to the skin or use it with a carrier oil.
- For pain relief
Aromatherapy can significantly reduce pain, as oils can be absorbed through the skin. The topical use of essential oils in treating pain is completely safe and works fast.
Essential oils for pain relief:
- Ginger essential oil – Perfect for a therapeutic massage; relieves arthritis, muscle aches, and joint pains.
- Frankincense essential oil – Used in Ayurvedic medicine, frankincense essential oil helps relieve arthritis, reduces asthma, and aids in digestion when taken internally.
- Myrrh essential oil – Can reduce inflammation, stimulates the immune system, alleviates pain, and promotes wound healing.
- Helichrysum essential oil – Is traditionally used to help alleviate digestive issues, such as stomachaches. Bloating, and indigestion.
- Chamomile essential oil – Has anti-inflammation properties; relieves back pain, neuralgia, or arthritis.
- Peppermint essential oil – Can relieve irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, cold, headache, and other digestive issues.
- Lavender essential oil – Can relieve joint pain, muscle sprains, and backache.
- Rosemary essential oil – Has anti-inflammatory and anti-analgesic properties that relieve joint pains and sprains.
- Strengthens the immune system
Some essential oils have antifungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that may prevent the development of various diseases.
Aromatherapy can also strengthen the immune system, as essential oils are breathed into the lungs and then absorbed into the bloodstream.
Essential oils to strengthen the immune system:
- Eucalyptus essential oil – Eucalyptus oil can not only stop your cough, it can also help you get the mucus out of your chest.
- Peppermint essential oil – Can protect your body against diseases such as colds, fever, and flu.
- Tea tree essential oil – Contains antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
- Cinnamon essential oil – Promotes respiratory and cardiovascular health.
- Oregano essential oil – This natural antifungal can protect the immune system against toxins.
- Sage essential oil – Can reduce menstrual cramps and menopause symptoms.
- Frankincense essential oil – Can inhibit harmful microorganisms; the boswellic acids support the immune system, thus creating a strong protection against infections, injury, inflammation, and other health conditions.
- Clove essential oil – Antioxidants present in this essential oil remove harmful free radicals from the body.
- A safer and better alternative to scented candles and incenses
Aromatherapy is a good way to make your home smell perfectly pleasant.
Incense and scented candles are putting your home at risk of fire. They are highly risky if you have children or pets.
How Lotus Healing and Wellness can Help You?
I’ve been a DoTERRA wellness advocate and specialist for many years now and I’ve used oils for everything.
They’ve been my natural go-to essential oils and I have a greater working knowledge of chemistry, the distillation process that makes them so potent, and many new ways to utilize them for added benefits to my everyday health and wellbeing.
Plus, more essential oil tips to share with my clients.
Reach out if you would like a free consultation of what doTERRA essential oils are best for you.
Remember, our discovery sessions are always free of charge!